Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#9

A Good friend you are thankful for.

I can't pick just one. I know it's a cop out and I'm lame.

But I am so thankful for all of my friends. You find out who your real friends are when tragedy strikes. I am so thankful for those who stuck by me.

My friends who: write me a note when they are thinking of me, watch my kids when they know I need a break, let me know they are praying for me, bring me flowers, pick up an item or two from Costco for us, stop by for a quick visit, phone me on my birthday, cry with me, listen to me whine, help me clean my house, love my kids, send me cards or letters, drive "all the way out" from Saskatoon to visit ;) and who love me no matter what.

Thanks friends.

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.
~Author Unknown

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich

Friendship is a sheltering tree. ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge



*Phillip the cat update*
Phil is home!
We were ready to say goodbye. But when the vet called this morning, we were pleasantly surprised. She said he was doing a bit better on fluids and that we could bring him home and continue getting food into him. He also has to have fluids by IV once a day. (That will be my husband's job. He is a former body piercer. I can't stand stuff like that)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for friends, and yay Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am often in awe of the deep friendships you have with your closest girlfriends. Amazing.

    Glad to hear Phil is doing better! Picturing Zach doing the IVs, I'm also imagining Phil coming out with a pierced ear or two :P

    ReplyDelete