Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Here goes

Here's my new blog. It was time for a change.
I should really be washing my dishes right now but because both of my kids are napping - I'm taking a bit of "me" time.
I despise washing dishes. It gives me too much time to think. Right now I want to keep busy and not have time to think about all that has happened in my life the past 6 months.
But they need to be done. Why? Because I do not have a dishwasher and because my family needs dishes to eat off of. And because I need to be a grown up and take care of my house. And I guess I need to think about the things I don't want to think about.
So I guess Washing Dishes is a metaphor for my life. Cleaning up. Making fresh. Dealing with things I don't want to. And learning how to move on. Not forget. Not ignore. But to wash them up even though they are just going to get dirty again.

I want this blog to be a place where I can sift through my thoughts. Deal with my grief of losing my dad, my anger with God, talk about marriage, parenthood, living frugally, eating and cooking nutritiously and living life these days.

Baby's awake. Guess those dishes will have to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment