Friday, November 12, 2010

Cultural Heritage #12

My Heritage:

I have a big mix - I am Russian, Polish, English, Scottish, Irish, Metis, American *gasp* (my grandmother's family came from the USA in the early 1900's) and probably some more in there. In the past couple of years we have found out that my great great grandmother was Jewish, married a Polish man and they decided to hide her Jewish heritage. We don't know the whole story, but the timing of it makes sense.

I love my Scottish history. I loved being in Scotland, the people are so wonderful and the country is so beautiful. So that is the one I relate to the most. I need to find out more about the rest of my heritage and am proud of it all. But I am most definitely a Proud Scotswoman!

My dad at my brother's wedding - so proud wearing a kilt!

1 comment: